Monday, September 20, 2010

Another week, another challenge

So this last week, we got the joy of facing one of my favorite things: l-i-c-e. I refuse to even say the word anymore! If you have ever searched a head for that L word, you know what I am talking about. You see, my first head searching experience came this summer, and little did I know what a useful skill this would be. Ironically the first time I searched heads, I didn't even know what I was looking for completely, having never seen l-i-c-e before. But I searched heads, and then was able to see it on the one girl who did have it. So last week, on Tuesday, when I heard we had 2 girls with it, I was not so excited. Again though, God came through. You see, we do not currently have a nurse. We have people with medical training, but no one filling that position. However, on the work and witness team (they are the groups that graciously serve us throughout the year, the ones we could not survive without), there was a nurse. I have detected l-i-c-e before, but never treated it. When we finished checking heads to have 5 girls with it, I was so very grateful for someone with experience to help treat heads. That said, I am so done with this stuff! Combing heads for ever, washing them, treating them, etc. is so not my favorite thing. It takes forever! And then there were the 20 loads of laundry we had to do! Needless to say, it made for a long day.

This week, I am teaching 2nd grade. Upon my arrival here, I found out that I am the substitute teacher on call, and this week, our 2nd grade teacher is out due to a death in her family. This means that after about 16 months, I am back in a classroom! It was a lot of fun to teach today, and with only 2 students, it was pretty easy! I'm excited to be doing something a little different, although it does make my days a little longer.

I continue to learn more about the amazing God we serve as I stay here. Just tonight I was blessed by a Bible Study with the other young women here. It's a blessing to be able to spend a little bit of time together, getting to know each other, and learning how to be women of Christ. I'm so thankful I serve a God who knows my needs and never fails to meet them.

No comments:

Post a Comment