Monday, September 13, 2010

God's faithfulness

Sometimes I have to remind myself what a faithful and mighty God I serve. It's so easy for me to get caught up in doing, and so focused on what I am dealing with I forget the world outside of myself. I'm a Martha, always making sure tasks are getting accomplished and forgetting why I am doing them. One of my biggest wake up calls came this summer. In the midst of my worst week, where I cried (which if you know me is a big deal, hasn't happened for like a year and a half) more than once, and felt like I was sitting in the rubble after an earthquake, God did amazing things. 31 campers made first time decision to follow Christ. 31... and another 31 rededicated their life to him! Yet I felt like my world was falling apart.

I think the key word there is "my". Because my world may have been falling apart, but the world is so much bigger than me. God's children struggle all the time, yet people are constantly making the choice to follow him. Just because my week was a struggle in no way affects what God can do. He is a whole lot bigger than me.


This week has started off with tough situations. We had two young boys decide to sneak out and run away last night. We are really close to a freeway, so this is incredibly dangerous. God's provision is amazing though, because someone driving by saw them on the side of the freeway, and called the sheriff who was able to pick them up before anything happened to them. Despite everything, God is our protector. I need to remember that when I get discouraged about the fact that they ran away, or that two of my girls got caught stealing, or the girl who's been crying constantly these last few days. My challenge is to think of what has God done, not what has gone wrong. So that's my question to you. What is God doing in your life? Where have you seen his hand at work?

No comments:

Post a Comment